Friday, March 31, 2023
HomeNewsCNN Ex-Host Rear-Ends A Car, Injuring The Driver, Then Speeds Away

CNN Ex-Host Rear-Ends A Car, Injuring The Driver, Then Speeds Away

Felicia Taylor, 57, is a retired anchor-correspondent who worked for CNN International’s “World Business Today.” On July 28, she was arrested after allegedly hitting another car while driving her white Mercedes, causing the driver of the other car to sustain injuries, and then fleeing the scene of the accident, according to Palm Beach Police. Palm Beach Police say that she caused the injuries to the other driver. According to the report of the incident, Taylor, who is 57 years old, rear-ended a black Ford that was being driven by a man who is 24 years old while the Ford was stopped in traffic in front of her Mercedes. “The white Mercedes approached from behind and collided with his vehicle. According to the report, the impact caused him to collide with the steering wheel, which resulted in multiple reports of injuries being sustained. On the other hand, the report states that immediately following the collision, witnesses saw Taylor’s Mercedes “fleeing the scene of the accident without rendering aid or stopping to provide information.”

About the Incident

According to the report, Taylor, who is well known in the social scenes of New York City, the Hamptons, and Palm Beach, was then seen driving past the scene of the crash twice in her car, which had “sustained heavy front end damage.” However, she did not stop after either of these instances. After that, a police officer pulled her over and reported that she had admitted to being involved in a traffic accident and that the other driver was okay. The officer went on to say that Taylor continued to state that she wanted to go back to her house and that the accident was “not a big deal.””

The 24-year-old driver of the Ford complained of jaw, head, neck, and back pain after being struck by Taylor’s vehicle, according to the Palm Beach police, and was treated at the scene by EMTs. Taylor, on the other hand, was evaluated twice by EMTs, and they determined that he was uninjured in both instances. Before the collision, Taylor had told the police officer that she was coming from “The Colony Hotel,” but “when confronted that the Colony Hotel was closed,” Taylor had no response to offer. Taylor continued by saying that she was eating at a restaurant on Worth Avenue, and then she stated that she was eating at a restaurant in the Royal Poinciana Plaza. We were not successful in our search for a restaurant that had a record of “Taylor as a guest.” She denied being on prescription drugs or having consumed any alcohol, and the officer added that he did not smell any traces of alcohol on her. She also denied having consumed any prescription drugs. According to the report, Taylor “wanted the injuries of the other driver to be substantiated.” She also stated that “the damage to her vehicle is her problem,” that it is “hard to be a good person,” and that she did not stop at the accident scene because she was unaware that there was anything to be concerned with. On the other hand, she refuted the allegations.

Taylor was placed under arrest and transported to the Palm Beach County Jail, where she was subsequently charged with driving recklessly and fleeing the scene of an accident that involved injuries. She has entered a “not guilty plea” and was granted release on bail in the amount of $3,000. When the police took her Mercedes, they discovered a bottle of white wine that was only three-quarters full and a silver thermos that was also only three-quarters full “of an unknown alcoholic beverage.” Both items were confiscated. The wine bottle and the thermos were both crammed into the space behind the passenger seat “inaccessible to the person operating the vehicle.”

Taylor, who was also the co-host of Retirement Living TV’s “Daily Cafe” until 2009 and worked for WNBC-TV from 1998 to 2006, was previously arrested on September 4, 2015 for drunk driving with a blood-alcohol level that was more than three times the legal limit after side-swiping another car in the Hamptons, according to the police. At the time of his arrest, Taylor had a blood-alcohol level that was more than three times the legal limit. When the collision took place in Sag Harbor, Taylor had just attempted to make a turn onto Main Street. After the late afternoon accident, she was so intoxicated that police took her to Southampton Hospital “for medical evaluation,” and she was later charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments