Monday, March 20, 2023
HomeNewsWhat happened to Shauna Howe? Crimes of the '90s

What happened to Shauna Howe? Crimes of the ’90s

Crimes of the ’90s is getting ready to investigate the shocking case of Shauna Howe’s assault and murder, which occurred on Halloween in the year 1992. The crime took place. On October 27, 1992, Shauna, then 11 years old, was abducted from a street in Oil City, Pennsylvania, while she was returning home from a Halloween party hosted by the Girl Scouts.

Her mother contacted the authorities when she still hadn’t returned home after several hours had passed since she had left. It is also alleged that a witness saw a man forcibly placing a young woman inside of a vehicle. He allegedly provided a description of the suspect and his vehicle. Shauna Howe’s battered body was located under a railroad trestle in Rockland, approximately six miles away, after a search that lasted three days and was extremely intensive. It was only after a number of years that all three of the criminals were located and brought to justice.

Shauna Howe: Who Was She & What Happened To Her?

Shauna Howe was a native of Pennsylvania, having been born there in July 1981. At the time of the incident, she was 11 years old. Shauna has managed to keep a close relationship with both of her parents despite the fact that her parents are no longer together. Her friends and family have commented on how pretty and sweet she is. Her loved ones say that she especially enjoyed celebrating Halloween. They say it was one of her favorite times of the year. When Halloween arrived on October 27, 1992, her happiness was quickly replaced by sadness as the holiday approached.

On the afternoon of October 27, Shauna got ready and left her house to go to a Halloween party hosted by the Girl Scouts. On the other hand, she did not arrive home until a very late hour. Later on that evening, her mother made contact with the authorities. At some point in the future, it would come to light that an eyewitness had seen a “skinny, disheveled man” forcibly pick up a young girl at the intersection of West First Street and Reed Street.

Shauna’s body, which had been beaten and bruised, was discovered under a railroad trestle in Rockland, approximately six miles away, after an intensive search that lasted three days. The authorities allegedly presumed that her killers threw her off of the trestle and into the boulder-filled section of East Sandy Creek where she was found.


With the Stay Open Podcast, you can Stay Open, Stay Creepy, and Stay Crimey! Given that it is approaching Halloween, the tone of this one is appropriately spooky. Hold on tight as Morgan recounts the tale of the Bell Witch, followed by Arletta’s account of her encounter with a mysterious black cat, and finally Taylar’s in-depth discussion of Shauna Howe’s slaying.

She had suffered blunt force trauma to both her chest and her head, as was determined by the autopsy. In addition, the authorities discovered that she had been the victim of an assault prior to her death. Her injuries provided additional evidence that she was alive when she was thrown off the trestle and that she made an effort to break her fall. Eldred “Ted” Walker was initially detained as a suspect based on the eyewitness’s account of the incident; however, he was later released after it was discovered that his DNA did not match the fragments that were discovered on Shauna Howe’s body.

Who killed Shauna Howe?

Following years of fruitless investigation, the police finally made a significant breakthrough in the case in 2002, when they discovered that a DNA profile matched the biological evidence that had been collected from Shauna. James O’Brien was the owner of that item. A second set of DNA extracted from Shauna’s body showed a match with that of his brother Timothy O’Brien.

According to the reports, the authorities did not suspect James because they made the incorrect assumption that he was already incarcerated at the time of the crime. In a short amount of time, they were able to forge a link between James, Timothy, and Ted Walker. When Ted was brought in for a second time, he eventually agreed to a plea bargain and disclosed what had transpired on that particular day.

5 chilling revelations from the investigation into the murder of Dianne Hood
He claimed that at first, their intention was to pull a prank on the city police by kidnapping a child, but that the situation eventually became more serious, and the O’Brien brothers ended up taking Shauna. Ted did not inform on his friends, but he was of the opinion that whatever they were doing was immoral.

The O’Brien brothers were found guilty by the jury, and each of them was given a sentence of life in prison. Ted was given a prison sentence ranging from 20 to 40 years.

In the upcoming episode of People Magazine Presents: Crimes of the ’90s, which will air on Investigation Discovery on Wednesday, August 3, 2022 at 8:00 PM, a comprehensive investigation into the case will be conducted.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments